THE CITY launched in April 2019 as a nonprofit, nonpartisan, digital news platform dedicated to hard-hitting reporting that serves all New Yorkers. To that end THE CITY aims to be a constructive platform for meaningful discourse about issues that affect all New Yorkers. To help ensure that we ask that you follow these guidelines when engaging with us and each other across our social channels, at our events, and on other platforms where you meet THE CITY. Thanks in advance for helping us create spaces where all New Yorkers can listen to and participate in civic discourse.
- Participate in discussions by furthering the conversation with credible information, informed questions, concerns, expertise and relevant comments.
- Be considerate and respectful when engaging with other readers on our platforms.
- Post or share false or misleading information.
- Doxx or publicly post identifying information about other people without their permission.
- Engage in threats, harassment, hate speech, racist or bigoted comments against individuals or groups, or ad hominem attacks.
Violations of our community guidelines will lead to removal of comments or people from our social channels and other platforms.
To report violations of these guidelines write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.