Ten years after the superstorm of the century, the MTA isn’t done with efforts to protect its waterfront routes.
With roots in Occupy Wall Street, the spontaneous relief effort showcased how mutual aid groups can step into the breach when traditional organizations are slow to act.
The moon helped spare some vulnerable coastal areas in 2012, and they’re still struggling to get attention and funding a decade later.
In case you missed it
- Manhattan and Brooklyn Rents Flatten After Record Surge — But Don’t Expect Bargains
- Harlem Gets New York State’s First Retail Location for Cannabis Dispensary
- 32BJ-SEIU President to Retire After Nearly 40 Years in Labor Movement
- LISTEN: Not on Miss New York’s Watch
- Lawyers, Advocates Prod Albany for More Legal Protections for Kids Under Arrest
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.