Use this searchable tool from our partners at Chalkbeat to find your school’s test scores.
NY Cancels Most Regents Exams in Response to Biden Administration Refusal to Scrap 2021 Standardized Tests
The news is a victory for parents, students and advocates who have been pushing to cancel the exams and unlink them from graduation requirements. Only Regents exams in Algebra I, English, living environment, and earth science will be administered this June.
More than two dozen lawmakers are asking the state education department to reschedule the exam so kids can join Earth Day 50th anniversary rallies.
Kids in Brooklyn and East Harlem face six additional standardized tests this year. Parents weigh their options as they fume over “a slap in the face.”
The New York City Department of Education proposal to subject students to “formative assessments” draws questions from union officials and others.
GOT A TIP?
We’re here to listen. Email email@example.com or visit our tips page for other ways to share.
In case you missed it
- NYC Child Welfare Agency Says It Supports ‘Miranda Warning’ Bill for Parents. But It’s Quietly Lobbying to Weaken It.
- The Mob Is Making a Comeback in Construction as Demand for New Housing Grows in NYC
- Storms, Heat Waves and Car Crashes: Inside Con Ed’s Summer Emergency Drill
- The ‘Black Benjie Way’: Bronx Peacemaker Whose Killing Led To Gang Truce Honored With Street Naming
- NYC Sheriff Hawked ‘Gimmick’ COVID Protection Just Before Mayor Adams Hired Him
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.