The proposed legislation would direct states to quickly reissue funds. At least $730,000 has been taken from New Yorkers this year.
Fraudsters are using the coronavirus pandemic to con people out of money, passwords and valuable data. We’ve got some tips on thwarting them.
New Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program work requirements also could end exemptions for The Bronx, Upper Manhattan and southeast Queens.
GOT A TIP?
We’re here to listen. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our tips page for other ways to share.
In case you missed it
- Airbnb and Hosts Sue City, Calling New Registration Rules a Virtual Ban
- 500 Cots in Place as City Readies to Convert JFK Mail Warehouse to Migrant Shelter
- Budget Gap Grows Between Mayor Adams and City Council
- City Jails No Longer Announcing Deaths Behind Bars, Angering Watchdogs
- Tenants Take Over Bronx and Brooklyn Housing Courts, Protesting Lack of Lawyers
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.