Artist Amanda Matthews’ sculptures aim to represent faces of “women who had no visibility” that became the heart of Bly’s trailblazing reporting.
The journalist who rocked New York with her 1887 exposé will be memorialized on Roosevelt Island, amid a wave of monuments to great women.
In case you missed it
- Family of Woman Whose Body Was Lost for Days in Health Clinic Stairwell Seeks Justice, Closure
- New Council Bill Would Shine Light on Jail Deaths
- Is North Brooklyn the Future of New York City?
- LISTEN: If You Zone It, They Will Build
- City Hall to Let Local Housing Vouchers Be Used Across New York State
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.