Who is Ron Kim? Meet Andrew Cuomo’s Nursing Home Nemesis, a Once-Obscure Queens Pol Who’s Grabbed the Spotlight
An Assembly member from the borough’s northeast corner has gone from Democratic insider to progressive outsider. Now his blow-up with the governor has elevated his profile as he seeks to zap Cuomo’s emergency pandemic powers.
From DSA to MBA, six candidates — including Adem Bunkeddeko and Councilmember Chaim Deutsch — look to mobilize voters in a diverse district.
With her Brooklyn Assembly run, community board member and environmental advocate Emily Gallagher joins wave of upstarts rattling entrenched pols.
AOC inspires another challenge to the party machine: A lawyer who just moved from the Bronx to Queens to seek a seat on Civil Court bench.
In case you missed it
- How Gov. Greg Abbott Texas-Sized a Crisis for NYC Mayor Eric Adams
- New York’s Climate and Energy Goals Would Get Jolt With Federal Bill’s Green
- Testing the Waters: Beach Closures Highlight Lax Looks at City Surf
- City Council LGBTQ Caucus Calls for Action From Health Dept. With Monkeypox Bills
- Landmark Rockaway Courthouse Sold for a Song Could Get New Life as Coworking Space
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.