The owner of Affirmation Arts hopes to dodge the wrecking ball and keep his cultural complex alive by giving it away as a present to New Yorkers.
Six Hudson Yards subway station escalators — including two of the longest in the system — were down on Monday, just as MetroCard prices went up.
The $2.4 billion 34th Street-Hudson Yards station is plagued by three of the 10 most failure-prone subway escalators in Manhattan, records show.
In case you missed it
- For Ida-Flooded Homeowners Denied City Payouts, Legal Options and Political Promises
- Battle at Battery Park City Over State Plan to Plow Under Waterfront Green
- The U.S. Has Regained All of Its Lost COVID-Era Jobs — But Not NYC
- Three Local Issues NY-10’s Next Member of Congress Could Actually Influence
- Your City Council District Is Changing Next Year. Here’s How to Weigh In
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.