Liquor license applicants are required to come before community boards before a license is granted — but that’s not the process for weed businesses.
Officials pledge loans and cost caps, but an angry license-holder calls current practices ‘downright shady.’
Business owners looking for retail space to site licensed weed stores say the state Dormitory Authority is rejecting locations deemed too close to competing state-leased storefronts.
‘Nuisance abatement’ cases are still pending in court, with just four filed so far, all in the East Village.
In case you missed it
- LISTEN: 3 Rocks, 2 Cartoonists and the Story of the Bronx Boy Behind ‘Nancy’
- Transit Chief’s Bronx Jeer as City Hall Nixes Fordham Road Revamp
- Adams Campaign Repeatedly Ignored Regulators’ Demands to Identify Supporters Behind $300,000 in Contributions
- Tow Truck Firm Operator Facing Corruption Charges Wooed Adams and Aide to Restore License
- Venezuelan Migrants in NYC Cheer TPS, Though Wait Remains for Work Permits
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.