Steep Drop in Babies and Toddlers with Disabilities Getting Early Intervention Services During Pandemic
The findings mirror a decline in referrals for special education services among school-age students and offer another grim window into how kids with disabilities have struggled during the COVID-19 crisis.
Analysis of data obtained by Measure of America and THE CITY finds kids in South Bronx and Harlem least likely to get Early Intervention evaluations.
In case you missed it
- Bronx Residents Got Rid of Their Gas Stoves. Their Air Quality Markedly Improved.
- Hochul on the Housing Hot Seat as Tenant and Real Estate Groups Press for Opposite Actions
- Shuffle to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal Makes Jobs Harder to Find and Keep, Say Asylum Seekers
- Penn’d In: MTA’s Second Rail Mega-Project Stuck in Mire
- Brooklyn DA Probes Election Allegations Tied to Democratic Party Leaders
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.