The pandemic shut branches for months. But thousands without access are going and logging in daily to go online for some outdoor computer and phone time.
Schools reported families for neglect after they failed to log on kids for remote learning before the last of 247K devices trickled in, lawyers say.
GOT A TIP?
We’re here to listen. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our tips page for other ways to share.
In case you missed it
- Budget Gap Grows Between Mayor Adams and City Council
- City Jails No Longer Announcing Deaths Behind Bars, Angering Watchdogs
- Tenants Take Over Bronx and Brooklyn Housing Courts, Protesting Lack of Lawyers
- Bronx Opera House Where They Danced the Pachanga Could Become a Landmark
- ‘Right to Shelter’ Crusader Predicts Failure for Mayor Adams’ Push to Change Rules
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.