Recent Census numbers show deaths and move-outs drove a 300,000-person drop through last summer. Even now, more are moving out than in.
Deaths despite Vision Zero measures and slowing bus speeds signal bumps ahead.
The number of families in shelters has plummeted, while single adults seek shelter in near-record numbers.
The air keeps getting cleaner — but early progress on greenhouse gas reductions has stalled in recent years.
In case you missed it
- Venezuelan Migrants in NYC Cheer TPS, Though Wait Remains for Work Permits
- TLC Misses Deadline to Make Half of All Taxis Wheelchair Accessible, Again
- How to Get the New COVID-19 Vaccine in New York City
- Manhattan Democratic Party Boss Has a Target on His Back — Again
- Bronx Cricket Stadium Scheme Rejected
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.