Child Victims Act
The nuns and residents living at Centro Maria, one of the last women-only residences in Manhattan, have to be out of the Hell’s Kitchen institution by September.
Archdiocese Admits Accused Predator Priest Is Still Manhattan Pastor as Four More Abuse Suits Are Filed
Msgr. John Paddack, now the subject of 11 Child Victims Act lawsuits, is still pastor of Notre Dame Church Morningside Heights, THE CITY has learned.
Tennis coach William Martire was sued Thursday under the Child Victims Act for allegedly sexual assault of a student during the 1980s.
The Bronx Supreme Court suit is among the latest of a growing number filed in New York following the passage of the state’s Child Victims Act.
Jesuits lose court battle to reveal identities of people who’ve filed sexual abuse lawsuits against them in wake of new state law.
Catholic order’s lawyers demand to make accusers’ names public in Child Victims Act lawsuits, in what advocates call a ploy to discourage claims.
In case you missed it
- De Blasio Was Admonished by Ethics Board for Using City Staff and Phone for Politicking. His Underlings Weren’t So Lucky.
- You Can Buy the Barge That Almost Sank de Blasio in Restaurateur Bribery Case
- Asylum-Seeking Students Reshape Charter School in Queens
- Long COVID Symptoms Most Common Among Latinos and Residents of The Bronx
- Brooklyn Democratic Machine Appoints Little Pakistan Residents to Party Posts Without Their Knowledge
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.