Child Victims Act
The nuns and residents living at Centro Maria, one of the last women-only residences in Manhattan, have to be out of the Hell’s Kitchen institution by September.
Archdiocese Admits Accused Predator Priest Is Still Manhattan Pastor as Four More Abuse Suits Are Filed
Msgr. John Paddack, now the subject of 11 Child Victims Act lawsuits, is still pastor of Notre Dame Church Morningside Heights, THE CITY has learned.
Tennis coach William Martire was sued Thursday under the Child Victims Act for allegedly sexual assault of a student during the 1980s.
The Bronx Supreme Court suit is among the latest of a growing number filed in New York following the passage of the state’s Child Victims Act.
Jesuits lose court battle to reveal identities of people who’ve filed sexual abuse lawsuits against them in wake of new state law.
Catholic order’s lawyers demand to make accusers’ names public in Child Victims Act lawsuits, in what advocates call a ploy to discourage claims.
In case you missed it
- Construction Firm and Foreman Charged with Reckless Endangerment in 2019 Scaffolding Tragedy
- Mayor Eric Adams to Allow First Responders to Moonlight as Lifeguards
- Rodneyse Bichotte Hermelyn Railed Against Brooklyn’s Democratic Machine. Then She Became It.
- Failed Swimmers Get Second Chance in City Bid to Shore Up Lifeguard Shortage
- Bill de Blasio Got — and Ignored — Warning to Pay for NYPD Travel During His Presidential Campaign
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.