Child Victims Act
The nuns and residents living at Centro Maria, one of the last women-only residences in Manhattan, have to be out of the Hell’s Kitchen institution by September.
Archdiocese Admits Accused Predator Priest Is Still Manhattan Pastor as Four More Abuse Suits Are Filed
Msgr. John Paddack, now the subject of 11 Child Victims Act lawsuits, is still pastor of Notre Dame Church Morningside Heights, THE CITY has learned.
Tennis coach William Martire was sued Thursday under the Child Victims Act for allegedly sexual assault of a student during the 1980s.
The Bronx Supreme Court suit is among the latest of a growing number filed in New York following the passage of the state’s Child Victims Act.
Jesuits lose court battle to reveal identities of people who’ve filed sexual abuse lawsuits against them in wake of new state law.
Catholic order’s lawyers demand to make accusers’ names public in Child Victims Act lawsuits, in what advocates call a ploy to discourage claims.
GOT A TIP?
We’re here to listen. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our tips page for other ways to share.
In case you missed it
- New York City’s Job Recovery Is Nearly There, But Future Friction Looms
- How Does Ranked Choice Voting Work in New York City?
- NY Hospitals on Track to Miss Hochul’s Deadline to Reopen Psych Beds
- In Epic Battle for CHARAS/El Bohio Building, Owner Gregg Singer Buys Time With Bankruptcy Filing
- Queens Assemblyman Lobs Bill to Help Mets Owner’s Casino Swing
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.