L train riders endured severe delays this week because of “smoldering and hot cables” in the line’s East River tunnel. The MTA is investigating.
When Gov. Cuomo scrapped a plan to fully shut down the L train’s Canarsie Tunnel, that disrupted projects that would have “piggybacked” onto the work.
In case you missed it
- Holding Court: How Brooklyn’s Democratic Party Execs Select the Judges on Your Ballot
- Next Stop for Asylum Seekers Newly Arrived in New York: Get IDNYC Card
- MTA Considering Permits for Fire-Prone Electric Rides on Transit System
- Heart Failure: Medical Runaround Keeps Man Locked in State Prison Two Years After Being Paroled
- How a Contract Eluded Staten Island Ferry Workers for Nearly 12 Years
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.