The closed school’s leaders ghosted students, teachers and even their credit card processing company – whom they owe $100,000, a lawsuit charges.
Staff and visa-dependent students at the English-language school ALCC had only four days’ notice before the Midtown institution shuttered.
Midtown’s American Language Communications Center cancelled classes with no warning, putting hundreds at risk of losing their student visas.
In case you missed it
- How Gov. Greg Abbott Texas-Sized a Crisis for NYC Mayor Eric Adams
- New York’s Climate and Energy Goals Would Get Jolt With Federal Bill’s Green
- Testing the Waters: Beach Closures Highlight Lax Looks at City Surf
- City Council LGBTQ Caucus Calls for Action From Health Dept. With Monkeypox Bills
- Landmark Rockaway Courthouse Sold for a Song Could Get New Life as Coworking Space
LOCAL NEWS POWERED BY NEW YORKERS.
We cover the uncovered, hold the powerful accountable, and make sense of the greatest city in the world.